The best, most inspirational quotes by Martin Luther King Jr.
Martin Luther King Jr. was an amazing man. He was a person who stood up for peace, hope, equality, and liberty. I love and respect his legacy, so I am going to share The best, most inspirational quotes by Martin Luther King Jr.
Many of you are probably familiar with his famous, “I have a dream” speech. In it, he says: “I have a dream that my four little children will one day live in a nation where they will not be judged by the color of their skin, but by the content of their character.”
When he was little, he promised his mother, “I’m going to turn this world upside down.” I’m so grateful that he kept true to that promise. Even when it was unfair, he did not chose violence to solve his problems.
Here are the most inspirational quotes by Martin Luther King Jr. :
- “Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.”
- “If you can’t fly, then run, if you can’t run, then walk, if you can’t walk, then crawl, but whatever you do, you have to keep moving forward.”
- “I have decided to stick with love. Hate is too great a burden to bear.”
- “The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.”
- “We must develop and maintain the capacity to forgive. He who is devoid of the power to forgive is devoid of the power to love.
- “Whatever your life’s work is, do it well. A man should do his job so well that the living, the dead, and the unborn could do it no better.”
- “The time is always right to do what is right.”
- “The first question which the priest and the Levite asked was: ‘If I stop to help this man, what will happen to me?’ But… the good Samaritan reversed the question: ‘If I do not stop to help this man, what will happen to him?’ “
- “We may have all come on different ships, but we’re in the same boat now”
I believe that Martin Luther King is truly an amazing example of equality and love. What can we learn from this powerful man today? Even though there was still was discrimination for the colored when he was assasinated April 4, 1968, the world has been impacted greatly by his legacy.
I admire Martin Luther King for his courage and humility. May we all remember love is always the best choice, focus on fairness and equality, and follow his example. I hope you enjoyed these quotes by Martin Luther King Jr.
Happy Martin Luther King day!
Leave a Comment