Do you ever look at yourself in the mirror and feel upset? or do you ever wish you had a skinny waist line or had muscles? I know how you feel. I used to be really absorbed with how I looked in the mirror and worried if I ate too much or if my weight would even out.
We all have our own personal self-worth issues, so I’m going to share 5 tips about having a “perfect” body. Prepare to be amazed:
- As you grow, your waist, weight, and height will change, and it’s completely normal. You need to gain weight to grow. And we all have different body types, some tall or short, some curvy or straight, which means no body shape is better than the other, and, someone else’s body doesn’t need to be yours.
- Don’t believe or compare yourself to people in magazines, TV, or other media. Almost all photos of people in the media are touched up with tons of makeup, photo editing, and maybe even plastic surgery to make models look skinnier and more shapelier than they really are.
- Many of us feel intrigued when we hear about secrets to lose 20 pounds in a week or be skinny instantly. But it doesn’t matter how much you diet, take pills, or skip meals, it hurts your body instead of helping it. Take care of yourself, exercise, and eat a healthy balance of vegetables, fruits, and other good food, and you will have a healthy weight.
- What about makeup? It’s okay to use it, but remember to practice moderation – use only what you need, and only when you need it. Even though I only use lip gloss and moisturizing cream, when I do start wearing makeup, my mom has advised me to use little amounts so my skin can be healthier.
The most important thing to remember is to love yourself, especially as you go through teenage (puberty!) years, love all the changes and be yourself.
- It really is the inside that counts. I know it sounds cliche, but it’s true! It doesn’t matter what clothes you wear, how you do your hair, or what your body looks like. True beauty is on the INSIDE. If you are a kind and compassionate, smile, and do your best, people will notice your inner beauty. My mom always tells me that, “A happy girl is a pretty girl.” When you are happy, it shows on the outside, too.
Remember these 5 tips and you will be happier and healthier. What is the best beauty/health advice that you’ve received?Be confident!